Concert Hire Librarian
Music Theatre International (Europe) wishes to appoint a Concert Hire Librarian to join its Hire Library team, managing the MTI and Josef Weinberger concert libraries.
A large proportion of our work is concerned with the supply of extracts from musicals to performing groups throughout the world for concert performance.
In addition to that we have an extensive catalogue of orchestral music, operetta and opera. We frequently have to supply large amounts of musical material at very short notice.
Responsibilities will include:
• preparing, extracting and producing orchestral material to hire to professional/amateur orchestras, musical societies, schools, agents, broadcasters etc worldwide
• responding promptly and efficiently to customer enquiries, supplying quotations for hire fees and answering orchestration queries
• licensing of some amateur staged productions
• producing invoices for hire fees, postage and miscellaneous orders
• processing accurately the return of hire materials to the shelves
• maintenance and renovation of library stock
• cataloguing of current materials
• archiving of old/rare materials
• continued maintenance of databases, spreadsheets, library stock locations etc
The successful applicant will:
• have the ability to read music with a specific knowledge of orchestral music, score layout and terminology
• be hard-working, flexible, self-motivated and organised, with a keen eye for detail
• be willing and able to carry out a large number of diverse tasks
• have an appetite for improving and updating hire library catalogues and records
• be able to react calmly to urgent and last-minute orders and deadlines
Knowledge of German would be useful but is not essential.
This role will involve manual handling, so lifting and carrying will be necessary.
The position is a full-time one, based at MTIE’s Mortimer Street office.